2014 was one heck of a year for us and it really seems like it went by in a flash. It was a busy year for us in our business and there were so many highlights, but it was also a super busy year in our personal lives.
It’s been a year filled laughter, tears, joy, happy dances, wow moments, sunshine, rainy days, four seasons in one days and in-between all of this we met some of the most amazing people. We worked with the best clients anyone could ask for. Worked with top suppliers, met new suppliers and made more industry friends.
For us, doing what we do has never been about fame and fortune, but being able to create a relationship with our clients, giving them the best possible memories and always working to become better in our craft. This will always remain our goal.
– Successfully rebranding our wedding photography business to Jack and Jane mid year.
– Photographing our second international wedding in England
– Meeting amazing couples and doing sessions in Prague, Paris & London
– Receiving a Wedding Friends award for the “Just Hitched” post of the year
– Attending the Fearless Photographers Conference in Bali which really refuelled our creativity and gave us so much insight into what we are doing and why and being able to meet the most inspiring, down to earth people
– Having our work featured in a magazine and online blogs
– Having our travel images featured on The Pretty Blog
– Selling a travel photograph
– Working with two fabulous assistants, Leandrie and Jean F
– Booking 3 Cape Town weddings and an island wedding for 2015
– Travelling to Europe and Asia during the year
– Being with our family in Paris
– Eating the best dim sum and buns in Hong Kong and mustard & sausage in Berlin
– Jack was best man at a wedding…suited up and nailed his speech!
– Laura did a underwater shoot with Ilse Moore
– Buying a house and moving to Pretoria
– Having the best supportive and loving family in the world
What a year!!!! Here’s some of our favourite wedding images. We could have posted another 200+!!!
Shooting from the heart has never felt this good.